Monday, March 2, 2009

funny story (from Becca)

Ok, I thought you all would enjoy this.......

Two Sundays ago a member of our bishopric called and left us a message that he wanted to meet with us that Sunday, we were actually already at Corrine and Gary's ward because Gary was speaking so we could not go. So yesterday (sunday) Ashton returned the call saying we could meet with him that day if needed. He said to come in at eleven. So we get in there and Bro. Wilson (i believe is his name) starts making small talk with us, he asks us if we live next door to the Johnsons or whoever and we replied no. He seemed slightly confused but kept making odd conversation that was incredibly awkward. After like 2 more uncomfortable minutes he let us go. Now, Ashton and I don't have callings in our ward. In fact no one really talks to us. We figured callings would be given that day. But no. Ashton put it together for me...... they called the wrong Rodgers family in for a calling, realized we weren't who they were looking for and tried to play it off like they just wanted a little chat. I about died laughing when i realized this. How embarrassing. What was worse was he then asked us to say the opening and closing prayers to make us feel better. OH Boy.

6 comments:

GRANDMA DENISE said...

Oh what a mess. That happened to me one time when I was a Young Adult and President Bickely kept talking to me about he had talked to me earlier about going to school (he had not...I was not going to school at the time nor had I talked to him) anyway, he issued the calling to me , I hope I was the one the Lord wanted...through that I got to meet dad and well, you know, one thing lead to another and here we are with 1 fabulous grandchild.

But I am sure that bishopbric member is just about to stroke trying to figure this all out.

I hope your prayers were nice.

:)

Rachel said...

That's funny. My Bishop called to give me a calling last week, but when I told him that I am turning 31 and going to a family ward (that's right, excuse me, family branch right here in Utah), he unextended the calling ;).

sarah jean said...

apparently mom forgot that she also has 4 lovely children and 2 awesome children in laws. i guess she and dad can just stand together and sing... "just the 3 of us"

GRANDMA DENISE said...

it was brought to my attention (by Sarah) that it sounds as if we do not have 4 wonderful, fabulous, talented children...I just was trying to say that we have been together long enough to have one child.

GRANDMA DENISE said...

and also one son-inlaw and one daughter-in-law...so sorry

DJCK incorporated said...

My experience was as a High Councilman, where the Bishopric wanted me to call a guy as his Executive Secretary. I pulled the guy over and his eyes got as big as saucers to know the Bishop wanted him---but, turned out I had the wrong guy!!! Yikes!! major crow eating fest that day.