Tuesday, December 8, 2009
We spent Thanksgiving in Utah with our daughters, son in law and granddaughter. We stayed with our GREAT friends, Curt and Marianne Lybbert. We spent Thanksgiving at their house eating fabulous food, playings games, laughing,snorting and just generally enjoying ourselves. The next we shopped, ate, saw TWILIGHT and played more games. The next day we shopped, had a great dinner at Rachel's, watched the BYU game (yeah!!!) and then headed to Temple Square to see the lights. It was so beautiful...very cold...but just amazing...we went back to Rachel's played games and ate and slept and the next day headed back to Spokane...on dry roads. All in all a wonderful time was had by all in attendance. We GREATLY missed Andy and Stefany!!!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
but since its her birthday
and she's in Atlanta
i thought i'd give her a shout out!! happy birthday rebecca grace
you are a
a fabulous sister/sister inlaw,
a loving wife,
an amazing mother,
and an loyal friend to us all!
i think we'd all agree that our lives
are better because of you,
your sense of humor,
and your awesomeness!!
have a fabulous birthday!
we love you!!!
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Friday, September 4, 2009
Friday, August 28, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
this is what my kitchen looked like 1 month ago....
and this is what my kitchen looked like 3 weeks ago.
and this is what it looks like now.
Well, my refrigerator is an LG...which made me think...Well..."Large"...and that led to her name..."Large Marge". I love Marge. She beeps if the door is open to long. She makes fabulous ice and has lots of room...she is large and wonderful. The granite sink is named "Seymore"...I love him...although, if things hit the bottom hard they break...I enjoy him very much and it is almost fun doing dishes. I do love my kitchen...it is still a "one butt kitchen" but it is MY kitchen and I love it. (by the way, I am still getting a new laundry room door.)
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Sunday, August 2, 2009
1. Empire Strikes Back (My favorite Star Wars)
2. Raiders of the Lost Ark (lately I've picked Raiders over Last Crusade, but it could easily go either way)
3. The Fugitive
4. Witness (it's on t.v. edited quite a bit, and I recommend it)
5. Working Girl (also on t.v. edited, and I think it's funny 80s movie, and different than your typical Harrison Ford one)
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
(I am posting as Sarah because I cannot post as me on the blog...someone please add gegehendrickson to the Blog...thanks, momo)
Andy, you make me laugh, you teach me wonderful and important things, you teach me about the Gospel...I love you very much!!! Andy, you are also a wonderful brother, son and husband as well as a terrific Uncle.
the old balls chain
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Sunday, June 14, 2009
What do they say in blog world. .. happy blogging?!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Yes, I know that I'm a few days early, but I won't have access of a computer on the day of Paps' Birthday. I'd like to give a shout out to a few of my favorite things about him:
- His willingness to do the crazy things that we suggest, like having a spitting contest ala Titanic off the desk of the cruise ship (see the above picture)
- Dedication in his calling
- Scheduling/Planning--I only now truly appreciate "planning for the week" during Family Home Evening growing up
- "Mr. Wizard"
- Willing to help/drive whenever, where ever (and the ability to sound like he's never been asleep even though he has been)
- Basketball skills, which he still has even now
- All of the sacrifices he makes for the family
- Little kids love Dad. They all do.
- The amazing Drumming Skills
- Three words: Denny Hendrickson Toast
Love you Paps!!! Happy Birthday.
Monday, June 8, 2009
1. Les Miserables (Victor Hugo)
2. A Tale of Two Cities (Charles Dickens)
3. Miss Nelson is Missing (???)
4. Joseph Smith, Rough Stone Rolling
5. Fire in the Bones (biography of William Tindale)
Thursday, June 4, 2009
- We stayed close to the White House, so we walked by it I don't know how many times and learned all kinds of things from the random secret service people everywhere. (Mom, we did see the garden that Michelle Obama started, which I thought you would appreciate.)
- Any time there were sirens, we all watched to see if it was for them. And this actually paid off. We saw the President's motorcade once (the sniper in all black in the White House trees confirmed that it was him). The next day we saw Michelle's motorcade and I saw her head in the car, so I was able to confirm it on my own.
- I had dinner with Rustin while I was there, and we decided to go to Ray's Hell Burgers (the place the Pres. went to eat a few weeks ago). Knew we wouldn't see him there, but at least enjoyed eating where he ate. It's a very hole-in-the-wall place, really good food.
- We tried to get tickets to tour the White House, but those are actually hard to come by. My friend with us has a friend in the Secret Service who was helping to get tickets, then it went all crazy, but in the end the nice Secret Service agent there let us tour!
So all in all it was a great trip. We didn't actually find the First Family, but I think we got pretty close :).
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
I then have a few shows that I like but don't necessarily shout it out. . . closet tv shows, if you will. I'm not embarrased to say that I watch them per se, but keep it a little more on the down low.
For example, I love Dancing with the Stars. I mocked it when it first came on, and now I watch it each week. I have dances that I really like to watch (for example, the quick step) and pro dancers whose choreography I like (Derek Hough) and don't like (Edyta).
I also like Celebrity Apprentice. Mary and I watched it each week. I'm now a Jesse James fan, and just really enjoyed watching it. And I'm going to be watching Tori and Dean when it starts up again.
Lastly, not a tv show but close enough: I love a good ABC family movie. Most recently it was the Joey Lawrence-Melissa Joan Hart one. Loved it!
Any closet tv shows that people watch?
Monday, May 11, 2009
Top Ten Reasons Why i LOVE my MAMA
10. every time you call she gives you a play by play on she and my dad's day/week
9. she's the best to call when you've had a bad day
8. she is an amazing cook (i want to eat her banana bread right this very moment)
7. she and i could sit and watch TLC all day long!!
6. when she goes to the store she always comes back with special treats for everyone
5. she's very spiritual
4. she loves holidays and insists she celebrates the harvest.... i'm pretty sure she doesn't
3. she snorts when you really get her laughing
2.she loves my dad
1. i can't think of a more selfless and loving person (besides my dad). she is constantly giving to her family and never asks for anything in return.
thanks for everything you do.... love ya mom!!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
The question is, "What are the similarities between us and the Prophet Joseph Smith?"
Obviously there are a lot of differences, but I would appreciate any thoughts you might have on the similarities between us and our individual situations and Joseph Smith's situation.
I think this could be fun!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
thank you so much for not warning me last week when i was trading in my suv/4 wheel drive vehicle for a family sedan (still hoping i might need one someday). i mean who would think i'd be needing a 4 wheel drive in the middle of april? not i. but as luck would have it mr weatherman (aka tom sherry), it in fact did snow several inches on my new ride. its fine, no dont worry about it. i mean i love waking up early on a beautiful spring morning, walking down to my snow piled car and pretending my arms are giant wind shield wipers and pretty much snow plowing that white garbage right onto the ground. apparently mr weather man you didn't get my birthday wishes.... a rich hot man, and no snow. wait now i'm afraid, was april 12th opposite day??? does this mean if i get a man he'll be poor and ugly???? wow good thing i didn't wish for bigger boobs, can you imagine the horror!! mr weather man if you love me at all you'll stop all this snow nonsense and bring out my 3rd best friend... the sun, so that i can roll down my windows and sing "all the single ladies" at the top of my lungs while cruising down university looking for guys with fake tans and popped collars. if you make all my wishes come true then i promise that next winter i'll have a much better attitude and will no longer use swear words as the adjectives used to describe my feelings about snow. thank you for your time mr weatherman, i hope we can be friends again soon. please tell mr sun that i say hello, and that i've missed him dearly!!
president of the sun lover fan club
Sunday, April 5, 2009
I know for sure these 3 things.
Becca gave to Stefany for her birthday
I buy for Ashton
Stefany buys for me
I think Andy buys for Sarah
Ashton buys for Andy
Sarah buys for Becca
Correct or incorrect??