- I wanted Kate Winslet to get two nominations because I love her. She better win (and actually stands a better chance of winning with just the one nomination, but still I would have liked 2 nods).
- I wanted The Dark Knight to be nominated for Best Picture. I hope it wins a ton of the stuff it is actually nominated for.
- Two of the Best Picture movies are PG-13 so I can see them (or saw them. . . though I like Benjamin Button less over time since I saw it).
- I like the unexpected nominations (like Michael Shannon for Revoluationary Road, though I don't know who he is and didn't see the movie--but read the book if that counts. It was beautifully written but depressing. I'm reading The Reader right now. It's well written, though I have needed to edit it for myself).
- Since Leonardo DiCaprio isn't nominated, I actually would like Brad Pitt to win best actor (he won't). I'm tired of Sean Penn and Mickey Rourke is a little too weird, though I guess I'd pick him over Penn.
- Everyone I know who has seen Slumdog Millionaire loved it. . . one of these days it will be on tv. Let's also not forget that I flew Air India and gained a new appreciation for Bollywood.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
The Oscar Nominations
I feel the need to comment on the Oscar nominations. I have come to the conclusion that as I am not a skier and do not enjoy the snow, the Big 3 award shows (the Oscars, Golden Globes, and SAGs) are what make January and February more tolerable. So here are my thoughts on the nominations:
Posted by Rachel at 7:41 PM